Nederland Mining Museum
The Nederland Mining Museum opens for the season this Saturday, June 1.
The Nederland Mining Museum offers a glimpse into the world of hard rock mining days in Boulder County. Indoor and outdoor displays of trams, ore carts, engines, historic photographs, and rare mining claim maps show how miners lived and how hard rock mining played a part in Colorado’s history.
- Hours: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. (June through Aug.)
- Location: 200 N. Bridge Street, Nederland.
- Cost: Admission is free.
- Contact: Nederland Mining Museum, 303-258-7332, during museum hours, or Sheryl Kippen, 303-776-8848 or email@example.com.
The Dougherty Museum opens Friday, June 7.
The museum is home to one of the finest collections of antique automobiles in the region.
This summer, the Dougherty Museum celebrates its 40th year as home to a collection of beautifully restored antique automobiles dating as far back as 100 years. Many are in running order. Several Stanley Steamers, used to take guests up to the Stanley Hotel, are also on display. The museum also has musical instruments, phonographs, farming equipment, and other antiques.
- Hours: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (June through Aug.)
- Location: 8306 North 107th Street, Longmont (one mile south of Longmont on the east side of US 287).
- Cost: Admission to the Dougherty Museum is $7 for adults and $3 for children ages 6-12. Children under 6 years of age are free. Those who visit the museum can sign a guest book ensuring they can return free of charge for the rest of the summer!
- Contact: Pascale Fried, Boulder County Parks & Open Space Education and Outreach Coordinator, 303-678-6201, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How much do you value the Longmont Observer?
As Longmont’s only nonprofit newsroom, our only vested interest is to supply you with quality, nonpartisan, community-driven, Longmont-focused journalism. But, we need your help. We depend on our members to help us report Longmont news and to keep our journalism available and accessible by all. If you value what we do at the Longmont Observer, please show us with your support.