Friday, August 9
- Time: 6-9 p.m.
- Location: Village at the Peaks, 1250 South Hover Road, Longmont
This is not your grandma’s bingo (although, if she’s fun, bring her)! Outlaw Bingo combines bingo, music, great prizes, food, fun and entertainment with special theme nights and DJ Rockstar Aaron!
Free to Play
All Ages Welcome
Registration begins at 5:30 PM
Event 6-9 PM
Gift Card Prize per Game
Friday, August 9th
- Time: August 2-11
- Location: Boulder County Fairgrounds, 9595 Nelson Rd., Longmont
This is the last weekending of the 150th Anniversary of the Boulder County Fair.
- 2nd Friday at Crystal Joys
Crystal Joys, 6:00pm to 9:00pm
- 2nd Friday at SAMPLES
Samples Restaurant, 6:00pm to 9:00pm
- 2nd Friday Tarot & Artisan Market Event
Magic Fairy Gifts, 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- 2nd Friday: Summer Meltdown Sidewalk Sales
Downtown Longmont, 6-9 p.m.
- Cider & Ceramics w/ Color Me Mine
St. Vrain Cidery, 6:00pm to 8:30pm
- Opening: Interesting Times
Firehouse Art Center, 2nd Friday 6-9PM, Wednesday-Sunday 12-5PM
- Live Music featuring: The Jet Set
The Roost, 8:30 pm – 10:30 pm
- Meet the Author
Used Book Emporium, 6-8pm
- Nijal Brix Band
Bootstrap Brewing, 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Robbie Ruhaak, Artist: “A Crack in the Universe”
5:00 to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, August 10
- Time: 2-9:30 p.m.
- Location: Grossen Bart Brewery, 1025 Deleware Ave. Unit A., Lonmgont
Heavy metal is for lovers! Poolside At The Flamingo, Skyburial, Harvest The Murdered, Iamtheshotgun, Doomsday for the Destroyer, Black July, Crown Magnetar, Fall of Scylla and Longmont’s very own Quick Victim will soothe your inner savage beast. Stroll through the Dark Arts Gallery for some visual strangeness including glass blowing by DJaySeeJ, a live Blacksmith, sip on some evil delicious beers, then get out there and mosh!!
**Tickets will be $15 available at the bar, or online here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/blackgrass-metal-fest-tickets-64189548668?aff=ebdssbdestsearch
- Time: 4-8 p.m.
- Location: Left Hand Brewing Company, 1265 Boston Ave., Longmont
Join us for a celebration of The Dude’s true beer of choice. Sip back and chill with this new seasonal 8.9% cocktail-inspired white stout on nitro while enjoying Wii bowling, vinyl spinning, a Big Lebowski costume contest & the chance to win Beer for a Year.
Abide with The Nitro, or White Russian Nitro, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. White Russian Nitro is takin’ er super smooth for all us craft beer drinkers out there. There’s a beverage here that’s for strikes and gutters; ups and downs. And, I don’t know about you, but I take comfort in that. With coffee, vanilla and notes of chocolate, this is a beer that really ties it all together. But, well, that’s just, like, our opinion, man.
- Time: 1 p.m.
- Brewmented 900 S. Hover St. Unit C, Longmont
Join us in our taproom for a free talk about yeast monitoring and contamination detection with Kelley Freeman from Beyers Analytical Brewing Sciences.
This informative presentation will cover:
– How to do yeast cell counts and the calculations used for yeast propagation
– What media to use for yeast detection, yeast storage (yeast slants), and yeast contamination
– Bacterial contamination, media to use for detection, and ways to ID which bacteria are present
– Different detection techniques, selective media platting, PCR, and sequencing (how they work, what data you get from each, and how to use that data).
– Basic lab equipment that can be used to start monitoring your microbes.
- Date Night
Crackpots Pottery Studio, 6:00pm-10:00pm
- Fascinating Fascia
Elevated Yoga Studio, 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- Live Music featuring: Elonzo Wesley
The Roost, 8:30 pm – 10:30 pm
- Unauthorized Absence
Bootstrap Brewing, 6
Sunday, August 11
- Bootstrap LOCO Ukulele Jam
Bootstrap Brewing, 2pm – 4pm
St. Vrain Cidery, 10:00 am – 11:00 am
- Full Throttle Yoga
- Teacher/Educator Appreciation Week
Sweet Nightingale Boutique & Home Decor, business hours
How much do you value the Longmont Observer?
As Longmont’s only nonprofit newsroom, our only vested interest is to supply you with quality, nonpartisan, community-driven, Longmont-focused journalism. But, we need your help. We depend on our members to help us report Longmont news and to keep our journalism available and accessible by all. If you value what we do at the Longmont Observer, please show us with your support.