Friday, May 31st kicked off the Downtown Longmont Summer Concert Series with Face Local Band and Megan Burtt Trio.
The intersection of 4th and Kimbark was filled with Longmont residents welcoming summer by listening to local musicians.
Children lined up for bouncy houses near the library while other patrons stood in lines for food and drinks. Many brought lawn chairs and sat around the stage to listen to the bands play.
The summer concert series is designed so that all residents of Longmont, from young to old, could enjoy the event.
The series continues every Friday in June with another event scheduled in late July. Concerts run from 6-9:30 p.m. and are held in the intersection of 4th and Kimbark.
- Friday, June 7: Liz Barnes and Mojomama and a special performance by the St. Vrain Acappella Summer Camp students
- Friday, June 14: All St. Vrain Valley High School Reunion Concert featuring: 6 Million Dollar Band and Jackson Cloud Odyssey
- Friday, June 21: Mono Verde Collective and Roka Hueka
- Friday, June 28: Grant Farm and Banshee Tree
- Friday, July 26: High Country Harley-Davidson Bike Night featuring: Oliver White Group
How much do you value the Longmont Observer?
As Longmont’s only nonprofit newsroom, our only vested interest is to supply you with quality, nonpartisan, community-driven, Longmont-focused journalism. But, we need your help. We depend on our members to help us report Longmont news and to keep our journalism available and accessible by all. If you value what we do at the Longmont Observer, please show us with your support.