During the Wednesday, April 25 school board meeting, an update on the bond approved in 2016 was given.
According to the memorandum presented to the school board, “Voters approved the 2016 $260.3 million Bond program in November of 2016. To date, the District has encumbered approximately $130 million worth of projects, putting the bond at 51% complete by summer of 2018.”
The update further mentions that they have completed the first phase of the bond, focusing on projects design to assist in the mitigation of capacity concerns in the Erie, Tri-Town and Silver Creek feeders.
The district states that, “additional projects are underway to help enhance safety and security, educational programs, and building preservation items.
The following are a list of current projects being conducted in the St. Vrain Valley School District:
- Erie Feeder: New Soaring Heights PK-8 opening late summer of 2018.
Erie High School-20 classrooms and Lyceum addition, and parking lot
capacity increase opening late summer of 2018. Completed new track at
Erie Middle School.
- Tri-Town area: New Grand View Elementary PK-5 is near completion.
- Lyons: Lyons Elementary classroom addition and interior renovation in
progress for fall 2018 completion.
- Frederick Feeder: Security entrance upgrades to Legacy and Prairie
Ridge Elementary Schools in progress for late summer 2018 completion.
- Mead Feeder: Mead High School-20 classroom addition, site and
bleacher upgrades in progress for late summer of 2018 completion.
- Niwot Feeder: Niwot Elementary new security entrance, new bus loop
and parent drop off reconfiguration in progress for completion late summer
2018. Niwot High School design near complete for a major remodel to
enhance the Library/Student Commons and address capacity needs, for
completion fall of 2019.
- Skyline Feeder: Secure entries and building additions are in progress at
Alpine and Fall River Elementary schools for completion late summer
- Silver Creek Feeder: Secure entries and building additions are complete
at Blue Mountain and Eagle Crest Elementary schools. Silver Creek High
School’s science classroom addition and interior renovation is underway
and scheduled for completion late summer 2018.
- Innovation Center: Construction is near 60% complete for a projected
opening fall of 2018.
- District-Wide: Elementary security cameras have been installed and will
be in operation by end of this school year. Project includes interior and
- Aspen Ridge Charter: New gym/cafeteria under construction and
scheduled for completion late summer 2018.
- Remaining Academy School Projects were completed summer 2017.
Below is the overall bond summary including projects encumbered to date and detailed
by cost spent in each feeder.
Below are the documents, produced by the St. Vrain Valley School District, including: Total Bond Funding, Feeder Totals, Feeder Expenditures and Percent Complete by Feeder.