Mayor Brian Bagley and Longmont Observer Publisher Scott Converse and sit down to talk about the Mayor’s record, what he’s accomplished during his tenure as a council member and as Mayor and why he’d like you to re-elect him in November.
Some of the topics covered include:
- Foster thriving economy
- Solve our emergent homeless and transient problem
- Plan for smart growth
- Safeguard our water
- Protect residential neighborhoods from heavy industry such as fracking
- Establish common sense affordable housing solutions
- Education, especially pre-k education
- Environment and Climate Change concerns (and the cities 100% renewable goals)
- Immigration and how it affects our Latino community
- New city facilities like the Aquatics & Performing Arts Center ideas
- Dealing with the city’s growth and the associated congestion that comes with it
- Sustainability/Growth/Development, especially the St. Vrain corridor
How much do you value the Longmont Observer?
As Longmont’s only nonprofit newsroom, our only vested interest is to supply you with quality, nonpartisan, community-driven, Longmont-focused journalism. But, we need your help. We depend on our members to help us report Longmont news and to keep our journalism available and accessible by all. If you value what we do at the Longmont Observer, please show us with your support.