City of Longmont Announcement: Winter Weather Alert: Snow and Ice

The following is an announcement by the City of Longmont and is published by the Longmont Observer as a public service.

Est. Reading Time: 2 minutes
City of Longmont (Macie May/Longmont Observer)

Winter Weather Alert: Snow and Ice

The City is prepared to launch Snow & Ice Control operations as road conditions deteriorate. Crews will be deployed to fight icy streets and snow accumulation as needed. Please prepare, use caution and avoid or limit travel when conditions are hazardous.

Please use the following links to access updates and information:

Weather Updates  |  Street Snow
  |  Road Condition Reports

St. Vrain Valley School District News  |  City of Longmont News

If conditions are severe, the City Emergency Alert webpage will be launched as the single-point communication hub for all storm related news and updates.

Additional Winter Storm Resources

Be Prepared.

Ensure you’re ready by
following the guidelines on our Be Snow Savvy webpage.

You can also find tips on the Office of Emergency Management Snow Storm webpage.

Understand our Goals in Snow and Ice Control.

Visit for an overview of the City’s goals and strategies, plus view the designated snow routes map. Not every street is a snow route; find the ones near you and plan your best trip.

Follow the Code.

Most residents
are required to remove snow and ice from the public sidewalks adjacent to their property. Longmont Municipal Code states that you have 24 hours after a storm ends to clear your sidewalks.

Report Problems.

For emergency needs, contact Public Safety. If you have an immediate, life-threatening emergency, call 9-1-1.

To report snow route concerns, contact Transportation.

To report electrical outages 24 hours a day, contact Longmont Power & Communications (LPC).

  • If a power line is damaged between your house and the pole, a private electrician should be called for repairs. LPC is not responsible for this repair. Report all other power line damages to Longmont Power & Communications.

To report downed or damaged trees on City property or right-of-way, contact Forestry.

  • If you have damaged trees on private property, please contact an independent tree contractor.

report drainage problems on city streets, contact Water Utilities.

Report potholes by making a Street Repair Request.

How much do you value the Longmont Observer?

As Longmont’s only nonprofit newsroom, our only vested interest is to supply you with quality, nonpartisan, community-driven, Longmont-focused journalism. But, we need your help. We depend on our members to help us report Longmont news and to keep our journalism available and accessible by all. If you value what we do at the Longmont Observer, please show us with your support. 

Yes, I'll Donate Today