BA public hearing is scheduled for Tuesday, March 12 at 2 p.m. in the Commissioners’ Hearing Room to consider proposed text amendments to the County’s Land Use Code Article 4-116 Niwot Rural Community District and related provisions.
Advance online sign-up for anyone wishing to speak at the hearing is available at http://bit.ly/dc-18-0004.
- What: Board of County Commissioners’ Public Hearing to consider approval of Docket DC-18-0004: Niwot Rural Community District Code Update – proposed Land Use Code text amendments to amend the County’s Land Use Code Article 4-116 Niwot Rural Community District and related provisions.
- When: Tuesday, March 12, 2019, beginning at 2 p.m.
- Where: Boulder County Courthouse, 1325 Pearl St., Third Floor, Boulder (map)
Online Speaker Sign-Up is Now Available
The online sign-up forms for individual and pooled-time speakers are available at http://bit.ly/dc-18-0004.
Speakers will be organized in the order their online entry is received. The list of assigned speaking times will be posted one week in advance of the public hearing and on the day of the hearing at http://bit.ly/dc-18-0004.
- Assigned time slots are approximate and speakers must be present when they are called to speak. Limit 3 min. per speaker. Pooled time is also available up to 10 minutes.*
- Anyone who misses their appointed speaking time will be added to the end of the list.
- The public testimony part of the hearing is expected to begin at approximately 2:30 p.m. (following a presentation by Land Use staff and questions by the Board). Speaking times will be assigned in order of online sign-ups.
- In-person sign-ups will be taken on the day of the hearing starting at 1:30 p.m. (30 minutes in advance of the 2 p.m. hearing), and will be placed at the end of the speaker list following online sign-ups.
- Those wishing to sign up for pooled time will need to include the names and addresses for anyone donating time to the designated pool speaker.
- 3 minutes for 1 person (individual speaker)
- 6 minutes for 2 people pooling (pooled time speaker plus one additional listed)
- 9 minutes for 3 people pooling (pooled time speaker plus two additional listed)
- 10 minutes for 4 people pooling (pooled time speaker plus three additional listed)
Other Ways to Comment
In-Person Speaker Sign-ups: Members of the public will be able to speak at the hearing whether or not they have signed up online in advance of the hearing. The county commissioners will continue to take public testimony at the hearing until all speakers have had an opportunity to comment.
Written comments may be submitted at any time through the online Niwot NRCD Comment Form or mailed to the Boulder County Commissioners’ Office, P.O. Box 471, Boulder, CO 80306. Comments received by 8 a.m. on Monday, March 11 will be considered by the Board of County Commissioners prior to the March 12 public hearing.
Email or Text Updates on Land Use Code Updates and News
To receive notices from Boulder County about Land Use Code updates and news, visit http://bit.ly/lu-code-news.
How much do you value the Longmont Observer?
As Longmont’s only nonprofit newsroom, our only vested interest is to supply you with quality, nonpartisan, community-driven, Longmont-focused journalism. But, we need your help. We depend on our members to help us report Longmont news and to keep our journalism available and accessible by all. If you value what we do at the Longmont Observer, please show us with your support.